This is such a simple meal to prepare and you can mix it up depending on what veggies you like or simply what veggies you have on hand. This week from our Bountiful Baskets loot, I had sweet potatoes, eggplant, broccoli, corn on the cob and some assorted fresh herbs. On a side note, if you haven’t heard about Bountiful Baskets and it is available in your area, you should definitely check it out. It is an amazingly affordable way to get a lot of fresh produce every other week. It is so much fun each week to see what is in the basket and then trying to come up with recipes to use all my fresh goodies.
Ok, back to the recipe:
Assorted vegetables (I used 2 sweet potatoes, 1 eggplant, 1 small bag of baby potatoes, 4 ears of corn, 1 head of broccoli, 1 butternut squash, 2 hot peppers)
2-4 TBLS extra virgin olive oil
2 cups cooked quinoa
1-2 TBLS fresh herbs chopped (I used basil, oregano, and thyme-but almost anything will work)
Sea salt & pepper to taste
1. Cut up all the veggies into bite sized pieces.
2. Drizzle the veggies with olive oil and throw them in a grill basket.
3. Sprinkle herbs over veggies and add salt and pepper.
4. Grill veggies in grill basket until they are done to your liking. It took ours about an hour.
5. Prepare quinoa. I typically have cooked quinoa in my frig at any given time to help make my weeknight meal prep go faster. You could use brown rice, millet, couscous or any other whole grain that you prefer. But if you don’t already have something whipped up and ready to go, prepare your quinoa according to the package directions (typically 1 cup of quinoa to 2 cups water, bring to boil and then simmer until liquid is gone)