I know, I know – here we go again with the sweet potatoes. But, I just could not resist and my husband loved this. I love just about anything that you can throw all the ingredients into the crock pot and let it cook all day. You get to smell the flavors coming together and by the time it is ready to eat you can not wait any longer. If you are anything like me, you have probably already sampled the masterpiece several times before dinner time anyway
I served this with some crusty baked bread from Sprouts Market and it was the perfect meal for the first cold night of the year!
Crock Pot Sweet Potato & Bean Chili
- 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 14 ounce can chili ready diced tomatoes
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into pieces ( my pieces were pretty big, but this is totally up to your taste)
- 1 medium yello onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 15 ounce can kidney beans
- 15 ounce can black beans
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar ( used Splenda Brown Sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Combine all ingredients in crock pot. Cook on high for about 1-2 hours until chili is bubbling, then turn crock pot to low and continue to cook for 4-5 hours.