- 2 large red bell peppers
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup water
- 8 oz tempeh, crumbled
- 7.5 oz (1/2 can) fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp raw pine nuts
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 Tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp freshly chopped basil
- 1 Tbsp raisins
- Preheat oven to 375
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise, leaving stems intact. Scoop out seeds and place cut side up in a shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake about 15 minutes, or until they’re soft, but still retain their shape.
- Put 1 cup of water in small pan and bring to a boil
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and saute onion and garlic until soft.
- Add tempeh, tomatoes, and pine nuts to skillet and saute about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in rice, parsley, basil, and raisins. Remove from heat and season with a bit more salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture into peppers in the baking pan. Pour just enough boiling water around the peppers to touch the base of each so they won’t burn in the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
Serves 4, calories 247, fat 7, carbohydrates 35 , protein 12, fiber 8
recipe courtesy of P90X2 Nutrition Guide